Wine & Pomegranate Braised Brisket
- 3lb. first-cut brisket
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- kosher salt
- cracked black pepper
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 head garlic
- ¾ cup pomegranate juice
- 1 cup wine
- 1 onion
- 1 purple onion
- ½ cup fresh chives
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Pinch salt
Vegetable Saute Ingredients:
- ½ cup wine
- ½ cup pomegranate juice
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
Wine-Pomegranate Sauce Ingredients:
- Season both sides of the meat with salt and black pepper.
- Heat a frying pan or grill pan, add olive oil, and sear the brisket for 5 minutes on each side.
- Spread half the sliced onion and half the garlic cloves over the bottom of a baking dish. Place the brisket on top and the rest of the sliced onion and garlic on top of the brisket.
- Pour the wine and pomegranate juice over the meat, cover the pan tightly with foil and bake on 350°F for 3 hours (turn the meat halfway though) until fork tender.
- Remove from oven and let cool fully before slicing.
For the Brisket:
- Slice the onions and sauté in the olive oil until golden.
- Add the chives and sauté a minute or two until just wilted.
- Serve over brisket.
For the Vegetable Saute:
- Pour the wine and pomegranate juice into a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to medium-heat and cook for approximately 30-40 minutes.
- Pour over brisket.
For the Wine-Pomegranate Sauce: