Don’t be afraid of a whole fish and don’t be afraid if the skin comes off a bit when you are turning it over. Invest in a fish spatula and it will make a world of difference. Use an amazing blend of high-quality olives (with pits!).
- 1 whole Denise (sea bream) fish, cleaned
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons pink Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup Gefen Pitted Green Olives
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme, stems removed
- Pat the fish dry and sprinkle with one teaspoon of salt and pepper on both sides.
- Set a large skillet with a lid over high heat. Add the olive oil and get hot. Add the fish and let cook for three minutes.
- Turn the fish over and add the rest of the ingredients except the lemon and thyme. Add water and turn heat down to medium. Cover and let cook for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the lemon juice and fresh thyme.