Traditional Chicken Soup
- 2 chicken bottoms (drumstick and thigh)
- 2 carrots
- 2 onions
- 3 celery stalks
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 zucchini
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp. kosher salt, or to taste
- 12 cups water
- Peel the carrots, sweet potato and onions. Leave the peel on the zucchini.
- Cut the vegetables into chunks, not too small.
- Put all ingredients in the pot and bring to a boil. As soon as it boils, turn it down to a very low simmer, and cook for 4 hours.
- Refrigerate the soup overnight. The fat will rise to the top and harden, so you can easily remove it.
- After you remove the fat, reheat and serve the soup.