Rich tomato soup made from scratch makes a great weeknight supper. Made with coconut milk, this soup is totally dairy-free. This recipe includes a quick preparation for homemade garlic croutons.
- 4 beefsteak tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes (15 ounces), with juice
- 4 cups soup stock
- 8–10 tablespoons silan (date syrup)
- 22 ounces Culinary Coconut Milk, original (not light) flavor
- 2 onions, chopped
- Olive Oil, for frying
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced
- sprinkle of pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- In good strong soup pot, sauté two chopped onions in olive oil until translucent.
- Then add beefsteak tomatoes, canned diced tomatoes (with juice), soup stock, silan, and coconut milk.
- Cook on low-medium flame for 15-20 minutes.
- Sauté garlic in olive oil in a separate pan until crispy and fragrant. Add to soup. Add pepper and salt.
- Blend with hand blender until smooth.
Tip: Cut leftover challah into cubes, coat with olive oil, sprinkle with garlic powder and Italian spices, and spread on cookie sheet. Bake on 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes to make delicious croutons.