Quick cooking and all the delicious flavors of shawarma in a meatball! We love to serve this with Sweet Potato Salad with Tahina Dressing.
- 1 pound ground lamb, turkey, or beef
- 2 teaspoons shawarma seasoning blend
- 2 garlic cloves, grated on a microplane
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg yolk
- Garnish: lemon wedges, chopped parsley and cilantro, tahini
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine ground meat, shawarma seasoning, garlic, salt, pepper, and egg yolk.
- Form into meatballs and place on lined sheet.
- Roast meatballs for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Arrange on platter or in pita with desired garnishes.