Quinoa With Roasted Vegetables
- 2 cups quinoa
- 1 bunch of asparagus (approximately 1 lb.)
- 2 containers grape tomatoes (approximately 60 tomatoes)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Cook the quinoa according to the package instructions. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Cut the grape tomatoes in half, and the asparagus into bite-size pieces. Place the vegetables on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and salt and bake for 20–25 minutes.
- Mix the vegetables with the quinoa.
- In a small saucepan, mix the balsamic vinegar and sugar. Bring them to a boil over a low flame, stirring to incorporate the sugar into the liquid. Reduce to a very slight simmer, stirring every 5 minutes until the liquid is reduced by half. It will thicken and become more syrupy as it cools.
- Serve the balsamic reduction sauce on the side, so guests can choose how much to drizzle on their quinoa, or mix it in immediately before serving.