Pastrami Pastry Puffs
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 2 portabella mushrooms, sliced
- ½ red pepper, finely sliced
- 4 pieces non-dairy puff pastry (5 x 5 in. each)
- 2 tbsp. mustard
- ½ lb. pastrami, cut into strips
- 2 eggs
- Sesame seeds
- Sauté the diced onion in oil until transparent.
- Sauté the mushroom until golden.
- Mix the onion, mushroom and peppers together. Salt to taste.
- Defrost puff pastry and roll out with a rolling pin. Brush each piece with mustard.
- Place some of the pastrami and the vegetable mixture in the center of each piece of dough. Bring two diagonally opposite corners together and pinch to seal.
- Transfer each puff pastry triangle to a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Beat the eggs together and brush over each deli puff. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes, until golden.