- 1 (12-ounce) box rotini, cooked according to package directions
- ½ (15-ounce) can hearts of palm, drained and sliced
- 1 (15-ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can pitted black olives, drained
- 1 (6-ounce) can white albacore tuna in water, drained
- 12 grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons capers
- ¼ cup baby spinach leaves
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Imitation bacon bits, for garnish (optional)
- In a salad bowl, place pasta, hearts of palm, green beans, olives, tuna, tomatoes, capers and spinach.
- Place all dressing ingredients in blender or food processor, and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Pour over pasta and tuna. Toss to coat evenly.
- Garnish with imitation bacon bits, if desired.
You can add variety to this dish by adding ¼ cup anchovy fillets. Or for a sweet touch, add 2 tablespoons of craisins. If you have loads of time, substitute fresh tuna steaks for canned tuna. Season both sides of the steaks with salt and pepper, and broil or sear.