Change up your pasta night with Mexican flavors all cooked together in one pot. No draining required. This is the kind of recipe you can make any day with everything you already have in your pantry and fridge.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ pound angel hair, broken into quarters
- 1 (14½-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro stems
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat evoo in large sauté pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic and pasta; cook, stirring, for about 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, broth, cilantro stems, and cumin; mix well. Cook for 10 minutes or until pasta is done. Season with salt and pepper to taste.