- 1 pound wide egg noodles
- 5 extra-large eggs
- 4 cups half-and-half
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup golden raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 10 by 13 by 2 1/4-inch baking dish.
- Drizzle some oil into a large pot of boiling salted water. Cook the noodles for 6 to 8 minutes, until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Stir in the ricotta and raisins. Add the drained noodles.
- Pour the noodle mixture into the baking dish. Place the filled dish in a larger pan and pour in enough hot water to come halfway up the sides. Cover the entire assembly with aluminum foil. Bake for 45 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for another 45 minutes, or until the custard is just set.