- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- One 3½-pound chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 medium red onions, quartered
- 1 pound small red-skin potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- 1 cup dried apricots
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup coarsely chopped pistachios
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; spray the foil with cooking spray.
- Mix together the honey, olive oil, cumin, turmeric, cinnamon and garlic in a small bowl. Place the chicken, onions and potatoes in a large bowl. Toss with three-quarters of the honey mixture and arrange in a single layer on the prepared pan. Toss the apricots and raisins with the remaining honey mixture and set aside.
- Bake the chicken, onions and potatoes for 35 minutes. Add the apricots and raisins and bake until the chicken is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes more. Garnish with the pistachios and cilantro.
Make this a slow cooker meal. Use 4 chicken leg quarters (thigh with leg attached), and toss all the ingredients except the pistachios and cilantro in the slow cooker with 3 cups chicken broth, such as Manischewitz All-Natural Chicken Broth. Cook on low for 6 hours. Serve over whole wheat couscous, and garnish with the pistachios and cilantro.