Healthy, delicious, easy and all on 1 sheet pan. Don’t forget to salt your eggplant as follows before making this recipe especially when using the larger globe eggplant. Toss eggplant with 2 teaspoons kosher salt and place in a colander. Allow to sit for 1 hour. Rinse and pat dry.
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1 inch cubes, salted and allowed to sit for 30 minutes before rinsing and drying
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 red pepper, diced
- Several stalks of kale, stemmed and roughly chopped
- 2 cups cooked or canned chickpeas
- ½ cup sliced almonds (optional)
- Extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- 1 teaspoon Ras al Hanout spice mix
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- ½ cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Garnish: 1 avocado, sliced, 1 small cucumber, sliced,1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment.
- Place eggplant, onions, peppers, kale, chickpeas, and almonds on the sheet pan. Drizzle generously with evoo. Sprinkle ras al hanout and salt and pepper on vegetables and toss to combine.
- Roast vegetables for 35-45 minutes, stirring occasionally until caramelized.
- While vegetable are roasting. Whisk together tahini, hot water, and lemon juice until a vinaigrette consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide vegetables between serving bowls and top with tahini, avocado, cucumber and tomatoes.