- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- canola oil for frying
- confectioners’ sugar
- In a medium bowl, combine granulated sugar and cinnamon. Set aside for topping.
- In a medium saucepan, combine water, butter, brown sugar, and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Add flour all at once, stirring vigorously with a wooden spoon. Cook and stir until the mixture forms a ball and pulls away from the sides of the pan. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Line a baking sheet with greased parchment paper. After the dough has cooled for 10 minutes, add egg and vanilla to the saucepan, and beat ingredients well with a wooden spoon to blend them completely. Transfer the mixture to a decorating bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe 4-inch lengths onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Heat 3-inches oil in a deep saucepan over medium-high heat. Fry a few strips at a time in hot oil (at least 375°), turning once, until golden brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Roll warm churros in the cinnamon-sugar mixture to coat. Serve warm.