Carrot Soup (Dairy)
Delicious and hearty … nice for a winter get-together. Chanukah is a great time to make this for your family and guests!
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 8–9 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 cups vegetable broth or 4 cups water plus 3 and 1/2 teaspoons vegetable soup mix
- 4 cups water
- 1 and 1/4 cups milk or water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon dried ginger (optional)
- In a large pot, sauté onions and garlic. Add carrot slices and diced red pepper. Add potato chunks and sauté for another eight to ten minutes.
- Fill pot with vegetable broth, water, and milk. Cook for one and a half hours, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend with hand blender.
- To serve, sprinkle individual bowls with a dusting of ginger, if desired