3-Ingredient Braised Brisket
This is literally the easiest braised brisket out there. Just 3 ingredients (salt, pepper and evoo are freebies!), and you have dinner in just a few hours.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 5-pound whole brisket or 2nd cut brisket
- 3 (9-ounce) pouches of BonGiovi Arrabiata Pasta Sauce
- 2 cups dry red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir or Merlot)
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Heat a large roasting pan, generously coated with evoo, over high heat. Season brisket with salt and pepper. Sear brisket until dark brown and crusty. Turn over and sear the other side.
- Pour sauce over brisket and add wine.
- Cover pan tightly with foil and braise for 3½ to 4 hours or until a fork can be inserted and removed with no resistance.
- Cool brisket before slicing.
- Strain fat off of braising liquid. Slice brisket and spoon braising liquid over brisket. Drizzle braising liquid over brisket slices and serve.